RE: st: R: bootstrap

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: R: bootstrap
Date   Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:06:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 19/7/10, sun samn wrote:
> the code you gave there does not work: '///' is not run
> by stata, and "reg price i.foreign##c.mpg" does not work
> either.

-///- should not be run by Stata: it just tells Stata that
the command hasn't finished yet and it should continue
reading on the next line. That it give you problems
either means that your email client wrapped the message
wrongly. See for a correctly wrapped version on one of the
archives, e.g.:
<http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-07/msg00883.html>
Alternatively, it could mean that you tried to run the example
by pasting the set of commands in the command window instead of
the do-file editor. The correct way to run my example is
explained here:
<http://www.maartenbuis.nl/example_faq/index.html#work>

-reg price i.foreign##c.mpg- will work only in Stata 11 or
higher. If you are using an older version you can replace that
command with -xi: reg price i.foreign*mpg-

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie