Re: st: RE: RE: estimation with a time trend.

From   natasha agarwal <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: estimation with a time trend.
Date   Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:06:07 +0100

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
> Your original question was
>
> "I was trying to estimate a production function with an unbalanced
> firm-year panel data and wanted to include a time trend. However I was
> not sure if the time trend was created correctly.
>
> egen t=group(year)
>
> I was wondering if anyone could please tell me if this was correct?"
>
> Who knows whether the commands you are using "mean center" the data if
> you do not tell us what they are?

I am sorry about this.

I issue the following line of commands:

egen t=group(year)
xtreg lnrval lnk lnw lnvfdi t, fe vce(robust)

Thanks
Natasha