Re: st: Regression Discontinuity, with treatment effects that vary with an endogenous covariate?

Subject   Re: st: Regression Discontinuity, with treatment effects that vary with an endogenous covariate?
Date   Sun, 4 Jul 2010 09:35:46 -0400

Jen Zhen <[email protected]> :
inc is endogenous, so your model does not support causal inference
using the RD assumptions--if you can't identify coef D and E
plausibly, then you have problems--maybe you can find an instrument
for inc and switch to an IV formulation?

Nothing stops you mechanically from stratifying on inc and running
-rd- within subsamples, but you have conceptual problems with
interpretation, IMHO.

PS. the Statalist FAQ exhorts you to specify where software comes from
(e.g. -rd- from SSC).