Re: st: Regression Discontinuity, with treatment effects that vary with an endogenous covariate?

From   Jen Zhen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Regression Discontinuity, with treatment effects that vary with an endogenous covariate?
Date   Sun, 4 Jul 2010 12:13:38 +0200

Thanks for the reply, Austin!

No, prior earnings do not jump at the cutoff. So the point is not to
"control" for unbalancedness of any covariates between treatment and
control group, for as far as I've been able to check these are all
continuous at the cut-off.
It's more that I expect that within those treated (right of the
cutoff) there will  be a difference between those with higher and
those with lower prior income.

So if I run
Y = A + B*(tenure) + C*(Dummy for Tenure>=T) + D*(Dummy for
Tenure>=T)*(inc) + E*(inc) + u,
wouldn't that allow me to obtain different treatment effects depending
on the value of inc?

Many thanks and all best,
JZ

PS: I was of course referring to the "-rd- command written for Stata"
(that should be the right way to put it?), as opposed to "Stata's -rd-
command". Apologies for the imprecise formulation.