Re: st: using fpc with xtgee

Subject   Re: st: using fpc with xtgee
Date   Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:40:04 -0500

Nina,
The fpc should _not_ be used for a regression model, except under the
very limited circumstances, namely that you intend your models to be
descriptive about the particular population from which the sample was
drawn and that you do not want to test hypotheses.  See references in:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-02/msg00806.html

Steve

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Nina Yamanis <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have data from a two-staged cluster sample with subjects sampled in
> the second stage. In the first stage, we sampled a large proportion of
> venues from a finite number of venues without replacement. In logistic
> regression, I applied the svy procedures and the finite population
> correction.  Now I am analyzing the same data with xtgee.  However, I
> cannot use the svy procedures with xtgee and believe that I cannot use
> fpc as well.  I am wondering if it is possible to use the fpc command
> with xtgee. If not, I would appreciate any recommendations for how to
> handle this issue. Thanks.
>
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

Steven Samuels