Re: AW: st: AW: float to numeric??

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   stata list <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: AW: st: AW: float to numeric??
Date   Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:06:47 +0000 (GMT)

--- Oezlen D. Luznar wrote:
> I really do not understand what you mean below:  where you use
> the inp command, can you explain what you mean there??

Martin used a common strategy on the Statalist, he included an
example that everybody who has Stata can run. Since we don't
have your data, we need to create some data that looks like
your data (given the information that you told us). That is
what -input- (see: -help input-) does. Martin abreviated it
as -inp- (-help inp- works as well, and leads you to -help
input-).

A step by step guide on how to run such examples can be found
here:
http://www.maartenbuis.nl/example_faq/index.html#work

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie