st: stcrreg with categorical variables

From   Sanam P <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: stcrreg with categorical variables
Date   Thu, 10 Jun 2010 22:29:45 -0700 (PDT)

Dear statalist

I was wondering whether stcrreg (in stata11) can be used with categorical covariates with more than 2 levels, using below code, like how it worked with stcox command? In below directory there are good examples using stcrreg, however non of the examples included categorical covariates with more than two levels as far as I looked.

http://seldon.it.northwestern.edu/sscc/stata/st.pdf

stset end_date, failure(failuretype==1) origin(start_date)  id(id)  scale(365.25)
stcrreg  i.X1  i.X2  X3, compete (failuretype==2)

X1 and X2 categorical
X3 continuous

I used above code however when I closed stata about half an hour after running the code, it was still in the process and hadn't finished the running yet!

I am not sure what is the problem, could it be because that I am working with a big data set (around 30,000) ? Is there any way that I can find out how long is the estimated time left untill the running is finished?

I would greatly appreciate your comments.

Many thanks in advance,
Sanam