Re: st: comparing two mim gllamm logistic models

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: comparing two mim gllamm logistic models
Date   Mon, 7 Jun 2010 19:18:26 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 7/6/10, [email protected] wrote:
> For the second point, it seems to me that using the one
> half of the p value will take care of the boundary issue.

Unfortunately, the problem is more complicated than that,
the boundery problem influences the sampling distribution
under the null hypothesis, as was discussed in the
help-file I refered to earlier. To make things even more
complicated, multiple imputation is based on the assumption
that the sampling distribution is normal, so if the sampling
distribution becomes to exotic...

> Singer and Willett ("Applied longitudinal data analysis"
> )recommended to compare the deviance statistics(-2ll)
> of nested modelds with the degree of freedom being the
> additional constrainted imposed.

Likelihood ratio test don't generalize easily to multiple
imputation.

I guess that your best option is to just look at the
size of the variance and decide whether it is small enough
to be considered zero or not.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis