Re: st: seemingly unrelated regression

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: seemingly unrelated regression
Date   Fri, 04 Jun 2010 15:22:02 +0200

You need to stack the models, i.e., estimate the models separately for each group. I don't know what you reviewer is saying, but I can see how what they suggest needs to be done with SUR.

So, take a look a -help suest-. With this command, you can estimate the regression model separately for each group and then combine the results with a robust or cluster robust variance estimator like this:

y = x a, if group == 1
est store one
y = x a, if group == 2
est store two
suest one two, cluster (id)

Then you can do a "Chow test" or what have you across the equations. This is basically testing a moderation hypothesis; see the help file or manual for details.

HTH,
John.

Prof. John Antonakis, Associate Dean Faculty of Business and Economics
Department of Organizational Behavior
University of Lausanne
Internef #618
CH-1015 Lausanne-Dorigny