st: Discrete time hazard model - Interval width

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Discrete time hazard model - Interval width
Date   Tue, 18 May 2010 14:51:22 +0200

Dear Stata Users,

We are assessing the transition from university to the first real job, taking into account individual characteristics and the family background. We use survey data including graduates from the summer sessions in the year 2004 who were interviewed at one, three and five years from graduation. In order to carry out the analysis we estimate a discrete time hazard model. We have organised the data in such a way that for each student there are as many data rows as there are time intervals over which the student is at risk of finding the first job. Is it correct to use intervals of different width (0-1; 1-3; 3-5) given that we do not have yearly interviews?

	+-----------------------+
	id   studytim   dead
	-----------------------
279.	182          2      0