st: RE: RE: Error Message: r3900 - Problem with Memory of my Computer system ?!

Subject   st: RE: RE: Error Message: r3900 - Problem with Memory of my Computer system ?!
Date   Sun, 16 May 2010 11:14:07 +0200

<>

Pascal:

You can search the archive, and will find threads like
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-01/msg00357.html where users
have run into this problem. Of course, given the complexity (I imagine) of
-ssc d cmp-, you cannot just pull over to the hard shoulder and take a look
under the hood to split calculations into parts. What you can do is a)
decrease the sample size or b) get more memory. What is your current
hardware setup? What`s your OS? With 64-bit OSes and 64-bit Stata, you
almost never run out of memory.

HTH
Martin