Re: st: How to rename value label names to match variable names?

From   Anna Reimondos <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to rename value label names to match variable names?
Date   Sun, 16 May 2010 12:55:21 +1000

Hello,
And thank you both for your suggestions.  I find it a bit hard to
articulate problems sometimes when it comes to variable names, value
names and value labels so my question was perhaps not very clear.

I would like to rename the name of the labels rather than the names of
the variables.

For example
sysuse, auto
des

*Here I would want the value label called 'origin' to change to be
called 'foreign' to match the name of the variable name it is attached
to.

As Phillip pointed out this is not necessary thing do to, but I must
do this because I am cleaning a survey dataset that has very
particular rules about how the variable names and value labels are
defined and they have asked me to do this....

Thanks,
Anna