Re: st: RE: How to define shortest possible period with 95% of observations

Subject   Re: st: RE: How to define shortest possible period with 95% of observations
Date   Wed, 12 May 2010 11:28:13 -0400

I can't be sure of the meaning of your variables, but I see two
potential problems.

1. There might be multiple days with  themaximum.
2. Day[`rmax'] does not identify the day with the maximum.  Consider
the following data:

Day  no_fires_day

1   1  1
2   1  1
3   1  2
3   1  2
4   1  1
The max is 2 and day[2] identifies the second observation, not the third.

Steve

Steven Samuels
[email protected]
18 Cantine's Island