Re: st: creating variable from svy: proportion

Subject   Re: st: creating variable from svy: proportion
Date   Mon, 3 May 2010 17:28:44 -0400

 svyset popcode [pw= new_pw], strata(dccode) fpc(f1) || _n fpc(f2)

This assumes that sampling was simple random sampling without
replacement(SRSWOR) at each stage. If it was not at either stage, drop
the fpc for that stage. If you had any "certainty" units at any stage,
then the set-up will be more complex. This advice applies also to your
original three-stage

The lesson here for me is that description of a study design as a
"three stage cluster sample" isn't by itself sufficient to write a
-svyset- statement. I should have asked you for more detail.

Steve

--
Steven Samuels
[email protected]