Re: Subject: st: Stata & LIMDEP comparison for count models

From   David Jacobs <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Subject: st: Stata & LIMDEP comparison for count models
Date   Mon, 03 May 2010 12:35:10 -0400

While it is true that Limdep has a few more count models including panel ZIP models and maybe hurdle models, Limdep is far more difficult to use.

For example, the older versions of Limdep I've used do not handle missing values well. In addition to this important difficulty, Limdep offers few of the convenience features that make Stata so convenient. And graph quality is not as strong in Limdep. Data manipulations are considerably more difficult as well.

My advice: Purchase both packages if you can afford them. But if you need to restrict your purchase to just one package, Stata clearly is superior for most tasks.