Re: st: Guidance on matrix inversion for OLS in mata

Subject   Re: st: Guidance on matrix inversion for OLS in mata
Date   Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:23:59 -0400

Thomas Jacobs <[email protected]>:
Zero is not a problem, but you should expunge the missings first;
however you seem to be trying to rewrite -regress- as you go, which is
far from a good idea. Why *not* export your vectors to Stata and run
-regress- and let Stata handle the sample selection and matrix
inversion for you?

Maybe if you give us a simple example with real numbers, the problem
will be clearer and you can get better guidance...