RE: Re: st: RE: AW: ratio function

From   "Roman Kasal" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Re: st: RE: AW: ratio function
Date   Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:36:00 +0200

thank you, it helps a lot!

just small correction:

the last command should by "nlcom [y2008]_cons/[y2009]_cons" I assume

roman

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Steve Samuels
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 1:23 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re: st: RE: AW: ratio function

My previous example was flawed, Because males and females could be
present in the same PSU (famid), the degrees of freedom for -suest-
did not equal the sum of the d.f. for the separate regressions.  Here
is another  example with proper strata. Note that the degrees now add
properly.
Steve

*************************
webuse income, clear
gen  year = 2008 + (famid>68)
tab year
svyset famid, strata(year)
svy: reg inc if year==2008
estimates store y2008
svy: reg inc if year==2009
estimates store y2009
suest y2008 y2009
matrix list e(V)   //results from different years are independent
nlcom  _b[y2008:_cons]/_b[y2009:_cons]

--
Steven Samuels
[email protected]