Re: st: Heteroskedastic Probit Model

From   Mustafa Brahim <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Heteroskedastic Probit Model
Date   Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:57:51 +0800

Thank you Maarten ! Let me clarify few points.

you mentioned that "most of the information is comming
from your assumptions (primarily functional form assumptions)" and you
conclude that I do not have a good theoretical background. Well let me
tell you that in all studies related to my topic no one mentioned or
tested the model for heteroskedasticity and the functional form I am
using is similar to what is well known in the field. And I remember
you telling me once that we cannot take something for granted simply
because many researchers did it. So because no one tested the model
for heteroskedasticity does not mean thatI should not test mine.
you suggested not to use hetprob,the question then is  how am I going
to check whether it exists or not? or should I just ignore it and
assume homoskedasticity? to be honnest I am not sure what to do? so
far I got to know that the only way to check for heteroskadasticity in
probit model is to use hetprob. If I don't use hetprob what should I
do then to test for robustness of the model? if someone can clarify
this that would be very helpful.

Regards,

Ismail