st: MCA postestimation commands

From   "Kirsten Stoebenau" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: MCA postestimation commands
Date   Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:34:41 -0400

Dear statalistserve users,

I am trying to use multiple correspondence analysis (MCA) as an
alternate method by which to construct a wealth index using Stata 10.

I have successfully run the MCA (I think).

mca pphold2 mur plancher plafond toit ownrent cook light toilet nopotty
Q123A Q123B1 Q123C-Q123E owater beds tables chairs salon radio TV ordi
phone fridge bike moto car sarety field omby poulet poultry

Now I need to sum the scores generated for each coordinate for the first
dimension of the MCA.

In other words, I need to sum the weights generated from the MCA for
each coordinate (many of these vars are not binary but categorical with
4-6 possible responses, therefore there are over 100 coordinates
involved).

I do not know how to do this.  I suspect it involves some combination of
commands including predict, scores (or rowscores).

I would really appreciate some input on MCA postestimation commands, and
would welcome an example .do file.

Thank you,
Kirsten Stoebenau