RE: SV: st: value labels, rename and merge

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: SV: st: value labels, rename and merge
Date   Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:07:52 -0700

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago and got the renvars command.  It's a miracle worker - use it in good health and thank the author.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:05 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: SV: st: value labels, rename and merge

-renvars- from SJ offers various devices for renaming.

Tomas Lind

The variable names and the example I gave was I bit simplified. When I
tried
to manipulate your syntax to fit our specific problem I got into
trouble.

The variable names are not just:
Q1, Q2, Q3 ... .

They are:
id, est, dat, Q1, Q2, Q3 ... .

I do not simply want to change to:
 w_Q1, w_Q2, w_Q3 ... .

I want to get rid of "Q" in the names and change the names to:
id, est, dat, q12p1, q12p2, q12p3 ... .

To change your code to add q12 instead of w_ is straight forward, but to
get
rid of Q and get the loop running is more than I can achieve. Any help
is
welcome.