R: st: R: Power Analysis

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: R: Power Analysis
Date   Mon, 5 Apr 2010 12:05:28 +0200

Dear Agge,
some suggestions:

1) type -search metan- from within Stata (my release 9.2/SE);

2) take a look at the following textbooks:
a) Michael Borenstein, Larry V. Hedges, Julian P. T. Higgins, and Hannah R.
Rothstein. Introduction to Meta-Analysis. Wiley, 2009.
Comment from the Stata technical group (please, see
www.stata.com/bookstore/ima)
Meta-analysis has gained increasing popularity since the early 1990s as a
way to synthesize the results from separate studies. It is widely used in
the medical sciences, education, and business. This text is both complete
and current, and is ideal for researchers wanting a conceptual treatment of
the methodology. A chapter on statistical software for performing
meta-analysis (including how to do so in Stata) is also included;
b) Sutton AJ, Abrams KR, Jones DR, Sheldon TA, Song F. Methosùds for
meta-analysis in medical research. Wiley, 2000.

3) search the web for:
a) "power AND meta-analysis";
b) "power AND meta-analysis AND Stata".

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.