st: RE: Infile several ASCII files

From   "Cohen, Elan" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Infile several ASCII files
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:01:55 -0400

I like to use tempfiles here.  After -infile-ing each txt file, try something like:

tempfile t1
save `t1', replace

Repeat for each file (changing `t1' to `t2', etc).  Once they've all been saved, you can either -merge- or -append- depending on the structure of your data, e.g.:

clear all
append using `t1' `t2' `t3'

- Elan