st: RE: How do I obtain confidence intervals for percentiles with survey data ?

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: How do I obtain confidence intervals for percentiles with survey data ?
Date   Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:17:47 -0700

If you can't find anything else, you can bootstrap the percentiles 1000 times and get approximate confidence intervals.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Liliana Olarte
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 1:44 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: How do I obtain confidence intervals for percentiles with survey data ?

Hello Everyone :

When I use the command centile Stata reports de centile requested as
well as the confidence interval.

Since I have survey data,  I have to use the command pctile but Stata
reports the percentile not the conffidence interval, ¿what can I do to
obtain the confidence interval?

This is the input commands I have been using :

-pctile pct = loghourlywage  [pw=weight], nq(100) genp(percent)

-list percent pct in 1/100

Thanks in advance for your help.

Liliana Olarte
Bogota, Colombia