Re: st: re: list X matrix

From   richard boylan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re: list X matrix
Date   Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:18:10 -0500

No, the prediction is based on the additional variable "z." So, I
cannot use the predict command.

Not to seem overly mysterious, I was trying not to add additional
details. I am used an old procedure to estimate SUR with AR(1) error
components.

I start estimating a system

y1 = X b1 + u1
y2 = X b2 + u2
y3 = X b2 + u3

Then, I run a system of regressions of the form

u1 = rho11 u1_{t-1} + r12 u2_{t-1} + r13 u3_{t-1}
u2 = rho u2_{t-1} + ...
u3 = rho u3_{t-1} + ...

to estimate the rhos.

Then, I estimate by SUR

(y1 - rho11 y1,t-1 - rho12 y2,t-1 - rho13 y3,t-1) = (x1 - r11 x_t-1)
bi +  x_t-1 a_1
y2 - ....
y3 - ...

where I have some restrictions between the bi and ai.

So, at this stage, STATA will give me an R^2, but it is based on this
additional variables that are used to control for the AR(1)
and correlation among regressions.  So, this is why I do not want to
use this R^2 or these predicted values, but instead use
the estimated (b1,b2,b3) and plug it back into the original regression.

This is probably way too much detail, just wanted to make the point
that I had read the FAQ ahead of time and knew about
the relation between correlation and R^2.