st: Display special characters in estout

From   Miranda Kim <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Display special characters in estout
Date   Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:50:09 +0100

Dear Stata listers,
I am creating a summary statistics table using estout in Stata 11, and directly exporting this table into excel. I am encountering a problem when using the -posthead- option or the -label- option when my string expression contains a comma. This comma is interpreted as moving to the next cell. For example adding the option posthead("Qualification level, percent (no.)") in the esttab call, would put "Qualification level" in the first cell and "percent (no.)" in the next cell, when exporting into excel. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks and best wishes,
Miranda