st: MDS question

From   "Data Analytics Corp." <[email protected]>
To   Stata Listserve <[email protected]>
Subject   st: MDS question
Date   Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:17:28 -0400

Hi Stata,

I have a client who wants an MDS plot of consumers' similarity ratings of 26 products. The ratings come from a familiarity question in a survey in which the consumers were asked to group similar products. I can easily handle this. But then he wants to have another MDS plot for yet another similarity rating on awareness of the products overlayed on top of the first. Basically to show how brands are related when people are familiar and aware of them. I don't think I can do this with the MDS commands (I plan to use msdmat with a lower triangle of the data). Is there a way I can do two separate MDS analyses and then graphically plot the second on the same axes as the first? I know this can be done in R by basically retaining the axes from the first plot when the second plot is called. Can I do this in Stata? Is there any way to overlay one MDS plot on another? Any help or suggestion are appreciated.

Thanks,

Walt

--

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.