Re: st: question about mlogit.

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: question about mlogit.
Date   Fri, 26 Mar 2010 02:07:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Fri, 26/3/10, Jessica Bishop-Royse wrote:
> When I run a base model plus only the county level
> predictors, I get limited significant results.  When
> I include in the full model with individual level
> indicators, almost no significant results.  Is this
> "truth" or a function of the fact that I am not
> using the proper regression?  How do I tell with
> mlogit if the model is sufficient?

Depends on whehter you believe that (some of) the
individual level variables are intervening or
confounding variables. Sometimes there are special
structures in your data that allow you to get some
empirical handle on which is which, but normally
you'll just have to rely on your theory. This is
true for -mlogit- or any other statistical analysis.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen