Re: st: can i run a hierarchical regression using svyreg?

Subject   Re: st: can i run a hierarchical regression using svyreg?
Date   Wed, 24 Mar 2010 23:48:12 -0400

If  by "hierarchical" you mean  "multi-level", then the answer is
"no".  If you mean that you have  multi-stage survey data, with
higher-level units (family, locality) then the answer is "probably".
-svyreg- will estimate coefficients and compute standard errors based
on variation between primary sampling units, but it will not compute
components of variance attributable to different levels.  You can,
however do some of that yourself..  If you mean something else, we
can't answer your question until you are more specific about your
proposed analysis.

Steve
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Vogt, Dawne <[email protected]> wrote:
> I would like to know if it is possible to run a hierarchical regression
> (not stepwise regression) using the svyreg command with weighted data in
> STATA 8.1.
> Any guidance would be appreciated.
> Dawne
>
> *