RE: st: AW: Adding rows to datasheet

Subject   RE: st: AW: Adding rows to datasheet
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:22:40 +0100

<>

"1.  First observation in data editor of stata---Bell  2009 45  prospective
2.  Type:  stata 2010 100 retrospective --into excel and see if you
can paste it back into stata"

Yes, with this example, you are fully vindicated. Stata 10.1 does indeed
make the second row of data the variable names (which you called "header").
Stata 11 handles the same problem much more elegantly, and leaves the names
alone...

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Sripal Kumar
Sent: Dienstag, 23. März 2010 21:18
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: AW: Adding rows to datasheet

Aha.  I see why you can do it and I cant.  Before that, yes--by header
I meant the variable information and not the observation.

I tried to do what you did and it works well.  But then I realized
thats because you used all numeric variables only.  Pls try this

1.  First observation in data editor of stata---Bell  2009 45  prospective
2.  Type:  stata 2010 100 retrospective --into excel and see if you
can paste it back into stata

When I tried to do this, it replaces the variable information with the
new row you paste.