Re: st: comparing groups with categorical variables

From   Ariel Orson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: comparing groups with categorical variables
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:29:07 -0400

Thanks to you both. It's my fault that I wasn't being clear. It's
actually more complex than that.

Rephrase: comparing three groups on the dimension of not one, but
multiple attributes: media preference, political preference, religion
etc. All data are collected through questionnaires and replicated
bootstrap weights are used in tabulations. I tabulate each attribute
separately. At the "svy:tab" command for each attribute, Stata outputs
tabulations with uncorrected/design-based Pearson. But my aim is to
find whether among the three groups (one of the groups is the base
group), the two other groups each are different from the base group.

Thanks in advance,
Ariel