Re: st: xtlogit stata option: tech(bhhh) vce(opg)

Subject   Re: st: xtlogit stata option: tech(bhhh) vce(opg)
Date   Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:11:07 -0500

In -d2- method, there is a single value of the likelihood produced,
the vector of analytical derivatives coded, and the Hessian matrix
coded as well, all by Stata developers. You don't need to do this kind
of work. My guess is that all the panel methods are implemented that
way. The implementation of BHHH implies an observation-level
contributions to the likelihood, scores and Hessian, which simply does
not work that way with panel data: the contributions are from the
panels.

Why do you insist on BHHH for this model?