re: st: Graph png format - differences in scaling between vers. 10 and 11

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   re: st: Graph png format - differences in scaling between vers. 10 and 11
Date   Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:02:58 -0400

<>
Johannes wrote

> I just stumbled across an unexpected behaviour. I updated some graphs for
> a Beamer-Latex presentation. I used the "png" format. But I used Stata 11
> instead of Stata 10. The result was a file smaller than the previous
> version (by a factor of four) with a smaller resolution. I guess, png is
> not a vector format and not indifferent to scaling. So, there is a smaller
> picture with less pixels which looks less nice when its size is increased.
> Even if I use Stata version-control, there is no difference. These new
> graphs look bad in the presentation, so I recreated them using Stata 10.
> There are many workarounds and this is not a big problem  - but is this
> wanted, that the output changes  even when I use version control? And the
> previous default looked better to me. Or did I overlook something?

I have no idea what may have happened between 10 and 11, because I have never used png format.