Re: st: problems convering maximum likelihood in Stata 11

Subject   Re: st: problems convering maximum likelihood in Stata 11
Date   Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:42:38 -0500

Jon Schwabish <[email protected]> :
There is a difference in Stata 11, but I have not heard anything like
what you report--can you try starting from the estimates you already
have in hand, in both Stata 10 and 11?  I bet Stata developers would
like to see this problem--you should email tech support!

Quoting from http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?whatsnew10to11 :
  7.  Existing command ml has been rewritten.  It is now implemented in
            terms of new Mata function and optimization engine moptimize().
            The new ml handles automatic or implied constraints, posts some
            additional information to e(), and allows evaluators written in
            Mata as well as ado.  See [R] maximize for an overview and see
            [R] ml and [M-5] moptimize().