st: Blups after xtmixed/xtmelogit

From   Neal Beck <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Blups after xtmixed/xtmelogit
Date   Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:04:23 +0100

Hi
Using most recent S11, I am looking for an easy way (stress easy way) to produce nice output of blups with their se's. The postestimation predict syntax forces me (AFAIK) to product one vector (or matrix) of blups, another of se's, then to extract the relevant non-repeated 2nd (or higher) level blups (the original vector/matrix has a row for every first level obs) and then stick together the blups and se's for the appropriate random slope/coef. All doable, but tedious. I thought that levelvar would help solve this, but I still get a matrix with rows for all first level obs. Before I try to use my terrible skills to write some code, is there some stata post-estimation command I am missing? Hopefully this is an RTFM, but I R'ed with no success.

TIA
Neal

Neal Beck
On leave AY 2009 at the Instituto Juan March, Madrid Spain