Re: st: brant test

From   "Michael I. Lichter" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: brant test
Date   Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:44:51 -0500

Katrin,

I agree with Richard that you're probably spreading your data too thin. I suggest you approach the problem by figuring out why you got the original error message, "not all independent variables can be retained in all binary logits".

If some variables cannot be retained, it is probably because there is redundancy. You should be able to identify the problem by performing each of the binary logits. E.g., if your dependent variable Y takes on the values 1, 2, and 3, do something like this:

y12 = y == 2 if inlist(y, 1, 2)
y23 = y == 3 if inlist(y, 2, 3)
logit y12 x1 x2 x3
logit y23 x1 x2 x3

Once you've identified the problem variables, you will have to make some decisions.

Michael