st: RE: Adding regression variables one step at a time using a macro

From   "Eric Booth" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Adding regression variables one step at a time using a macro
Date   Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:19:56 -0600

In your example you added just one new variable...if that's what you want you can do this:

*********
clear
sysuse auto

tokenize price rep78 foreign weight headroom
while "`1'" != "" {
	regress mpg length `1'   /* if !mi(mpg) & !mi(`1') */
	   di "For the cmd:  `e(cmdline)'"
	macro shift
	}
*********
((You don't need the missing part but it's in the regression above if you want to uncomment it))

If you want to sequentially build the model by adding more variables into the regression, you can add them to a local macro first, e.g.,

*********
clear
sysuse auto

tokenize price rep78 foreign weight headroom
while "`1'" != "" {
	local i `1' `i'
	   di "`i'"
	regress mpg length `i'