Re: st: R: Survival Data - Compare hazards by matching on age (flag: Stata 9.2/SE)

From   asb stata <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: R: Survival Data - Compare hazards by matching on age (flag: Stata 9.2/SE)
Date   Tue, 9 Mar 2010 19:51:08 -0500

I want to clarify that I want to plot is the percentage of subjects that
survive among the total number of subjects that have entered so far. This is
trivial in Group 2 where there is no entry of subjects after age one. So, in
group 2, I am interested in what percentage of 100 subjects survive at each
age starting age 1.

In group 1, however, there is entry (variable flag=1) as well as exit at
each age. If there are 100 subjects in total, their entry is staggered over
time. 25 subjects may enter at age 3 and become at risk of dying. Out of
these 25, 5 may die at age four but 20 may enter bringing the total number
of entering subjects to 45 (which is my changing denominator). Entry will
continue till cumulative entry is 100. At the same time exit also continues.
Each period, in group1, I want to know what fraction of the total number of
entering subjects (such as 45 at age 4) survive into the next period.

I am not sure how to handle this difference between the two groups as I try
to plot one K-M graph that has both curves. Even if I can deal with them
separately and add to a plot, that would also work. Any help?