Re: st: Nonlinear ARMAX model

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Nonlinear ARMAX model
Date   Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:50:09 -0500

Sebastien,
   One of the assumptions of a transfer function model is that the input function is uncorrelated with the error of the arma noise model.  You
are asking to model a situation where you have simultaneity bias.
   You should use instruments or proxy variables that are highly
correlated with your exogenous variable and uncorrelated with the
error, lest you render your model vulnerable to feedback and the
bias in the estimation and parameters that can follow from it.
   If you had sufficient number of strong instruments to identify
the model, then this might consistently be estimated with ivregress or
ivreg2.
    -  Bob

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
Research Professor