Re: st: Regression analysis with a minimum function on the RHS

Subject   Re: st: Regression analysis with a minimum function on the RHS
Date   Fri, 5 Mar 2010 14:14:45 -0500

Sebastian van Baal <[email protected]> :
This seems likely to be problematic no matter what you do--typically
the objective function should be differentiable in the parameters in
these kinds of problems.  What is the theory that drives this
specification?  Is there an alternative parameterization that is
differentiable?