Re: st: using spmap and option "point"

From   Maurizio Pisati <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: using spmap and option "point"
Date   Tue, 02 Mar 2010 08:11:15 +0100

Dear Ana,
your only chance is to add a variable that identifies regions to "file2.dta", and then use it in suboption -point()- to select only the stores located in regions B or C. To generate such variable, you might want to use a point-in-polygon algorithm -- an example of which, coded in Mata as function -sp_pips-, can be found in the -spgrid- Stata program (ssc install spgrid).
Best wishes,
Maurizio