st: RE: Text editor that has automatic table of contents?

From   "Buzz Burhans" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Text editor that has automatic table of contents?
Date   Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:51:11 -0700

Dana,

A test editor called EmEditor has a plug in that automates outlining.
EmEditor is one of two text editors I have used and liked, it is Windows
based, though I run XP Professional, don't know how well it works with Vista
or W-7

http://www.emeditor.com/

You've had a couple of suggestions to use a Master -do- file that calls
subordinate -do- files - that is excellent advice that I think I picked up
on when I took the Net Course 101 or 151 about 10 or more years ago. The Net
courses are great!!

Related to using Master files, I have also used a text editor called Crimson
Editor that allows you to have a "project" pane open on the side, where I
keep a sort of outline of the Master file and the subordinate -do- files it
calls.  It works similarly to having an editor, but allows the files to be
separate rather than sections of a single outlined file.

http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

Buzz

Buzz Burhans, Ph.D.

Dairy-Tech Group