Re: st: Endogenous Regressors Predicted by the Same IV

Subject   Re: st: Endogenous Regressors Predicted by the Same IV
Date   Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:11:09 -0500

Lloyd Dumont <[email protected]> :
Kit points out that your equation is underidentified, but if you are
willing to assume that the products of Z_1 with X_4,.. X_10 are
uncorrelated with the error, you have 7 additional excluded
instruments to use.  Run IV first using e.g. -ivreg2- (on SSC)
ignoring the binary outcome, as the diagnostics for linear IV are
better developed and will give you a sense of dp/dX in any case. The
key diagnostics here are weak IV stats and the overid test, since you
have a pretty weak argument for your exclusion restrictions and no
guarantee of strong correlations. Then you can go to -ivprobit- or
-cmp- (SSC) or the like, if linear IV looks good.