st: RE: re: RE: re: Seeing Double - issues with quotation marks

Subject   st: RE: re: RE: re: Seeing Double - issues with quotation marks
Date   Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:59:58 +0100

<>

Kit and Michael: I should have said "grammar-checking". Of course my editor
(TeXniccenter-free!) does spell-check as I type, but it does not detect
grammar problems, which Word can. Still, this is not a Latex-list, sorry for
digressing...

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Kit Baum
Sent: Samstag, 27. Februar 2010 02:55
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: re: RE: re: Seeing Double - issues with quotation marks

<>
Martin replied

" The way to avoid these problems is to stay away from Word if you're
interested in writing or editing a text file."

Spell-checking Latex files is just about the only situation where you really
want to use it...

Well, Martin, maybe Windows-based implementations of LaTeX don't have spell
checkers built in, but mine (TeXShop for Mac OS X) certainly does... It is
flagging misspellings of mine all the time. Maybe you need an upgrade.

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html
                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |
http://www.stata-press.com/books/isp.html