Re: st: RE: percent symbols in catplot

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: percent symbols in catplot
Date   Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:37:27 -0600

On Feb 26, 2010, at 4:18 PM, Martin Weiss wrote:

> BTW Eric, is there a conceivable case that would require one to check for a
> missing "r(max)"? Anyway, the instinct to check for missings whenever
> "greater than" is employed is a healthy one :-)

No, it's just habit.  The only way -sum- should report a missing r(max) is if all the data in the variable were missing--which wouldn't lend its self to a useful graph.

Thanks for updating this to address my second example.  In applying this to my real data, I used -graph combine- but this is faster than waiting on -graph combine-.  Also, there is an advantage in using the "by" option, in lieu of -graph combine-, in that it leaves out the extra set of yaxis labels, which looks much nicer, and it places the "by" group labels at the top of the graphs automatically.

Best,

Eric
__
Eric A. Booth