st: RE: Descriptives using multiple-imputed complex survey design data

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Descriptives using multiple-imputed complex survey design data
Date   Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:09:29 -0800

a) read the volume on multiple imputation (pdf or manual)
b) consider using mim (see help file, or findit mim)
c) is 5 sufficient number of imputations?  I have found 20 usually to be a bit safer.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Rosie Chen
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 1:28 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Descriptives using multiple-imputed complex survey design data

Dear all,

   I am not sure if my question is too simple or unclear, but I haven't received responses from the list. Could anyone give me some hint? I have done such an analysis before in SAS, but would like to learn how to do it in Stata. Thank you very much. Below is my question:

    I wonder if someone can advise on the syntax I
should use for descriptive analysis (e.g., mean, cross-tab) for
multiple-imputed complex survey design data. Basically, 5 datasets have
been created through multiple imputation in IVeWare in SAS. How to
incorporate complex survey design features and the 5 imputed datasets
in descriptive analysis in Stata? By the way, my Stata version is 9.2.
Any sample syntax for mean and cross-tabs would be appreciated very
much. Thanks,

    Rosie