st: RE: AW: interactions for xtmelogit models

From   "Hardy, Dale S" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: AW: interactions for xtmelogit models
Date   Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:58:43 -0600

Hi Martin,

A few months age I asked you a question about xemelogit interaction and you send me the link below.

On page 15/36 of the presentation by Gutierrez entitled, ‘Tricks of the trade: getting the most out of xtmixed’,  is a model for xtmixed interaction.

My question is:
Why isn't age not in the model? Age is with the interaction terms but not as a single term. Would that make the model not hierarchally well-formed?

Thanks in advance for clarifying this issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dale

Dale Hardy, PhD RD CDE CHES
Research Associate
University of Texas School of Public Health
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 500-9221
Fax: (713) 500-9264
Email: [email protected]