st: RE: how to summarize while accounting for duplicate values

Subject   st: RE: how to summarize while accounting for duplicate values
Date   Fri, 19 Feb 2010 22:08:04 +0100

<>

I am not sure I fully understand the question, but you may want to look at
-help xttrans-.

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: Freitag, 19. Februar 2010 21:16
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: how to summarize while accounting for duplicate values

I am trying to summarize a dataset in Stata 10.1 on individuals'
reproductive success throughout their life. The database is set up
with each individual having an annual entry with multiple variables.
Some variables' values change annually (e.g. # offspring born), while
other variables have duplicated values for each year as they do not
change over the course of their life (e.g. age of first reproduction,
lifespan). How do I get Stata to provide summary statistics for chosen
variables of interest in the population that accounts for individuals'
duplicated values for some variables that don't change annually?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan