Re: st: RE: bandwidth from gwarpreg and its use in lowess

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: bandwidth from gwarpreg and its use in lowess
Date   Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:17:41 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 15/2/10, Lazarte Alcala, Naneida wrote:
> Iam sorry, I'll try to be more clear.

Your question was clear, and my summary of Nick's answer is
that what is optimal depends on your definition of optimal,
and many such definitions have been invented, but none are
truely more useful then carefully looking at your data and
the consequences of your model. So plot your data, the
smooth, the residuals for different bandwidths, and see if
they make sense.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie