st: interpreting the dsginideco

From   may gadallah <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>, stata list <[email protected]>
Subject   st: interpreting the dsginideco
Date   Sun, 14 Feb 2010 12:06:40 -0800

Dear all,

I need help in understanding the output of dsginideco of my analysis

, i did for wages in two years for both males and females.

Here are the results

. dsginideco  rhrwg_98  hrwg_06 if de0101==1

Decomposition of change in S-Gini coefficient of inequality

Average growth rate = 1.254
--------------------------
     Parameter: |      v=2
----------------+---------
 Initial S-Gini |    0.362
   Final S-Gini |    0.545
         Change |    0.183
    R-component |    0.417
    P-component |    0.234
--------------------------

. dsginideco  rhrwg_98  hrwg_06 if de0101==2

Decomposition of change in S-Gini coefficient of inequality

Average growth rate = 1.688
--------------------------
     Parameter: |      v=2
----------------+---------
 Initial S-Gini |    0.342
   Final S-Gini |    0.561
         Change |    0.219
    R-component |    0.443
    P-component |    0.223

what i concluded is the following:

1- there is an increasing in wages inequality for males and females

2- there is "pro- poor wages growth (but small or moerate)? by getting the p-component and compared to R

3- There is a moderate re-ranking movement i.e. there is a mobility in the wages

I appreciate if someone can tell me if i understood the results correct

Thanks

May