RE: st: Re: How to correct standard errors of a 2sls performed by

From   DE SOUZA Eric <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Re: How to correct standard errors of a 2sls performed by
Date   Sat, 6 Feb 2010 14:21:18 +0100

What you have is a simultaneous equation system (SEM). A SEM can be estimated equation by equation by single equation methods (2SLS, LIML, ...)

In your system, the endogenous variables are y, x1, x2, m1, m2. The exogenous variables are n1, n2, q1, q2, p1, p2.

In your first stage, you would estimate each of the endogenous variables on all of the exogenous variables

In your second stage, you use the predicted values of the endogenous variables to replace the endogenous variables on the right hand side of each equation.

This means that you can estimate Eq2 by 2SLS, specifying all of the exogenous variables above as instruments. m1 and m2 would be the included exogenous, and the others would be the excluded exogenous

Idem for Eq3

Eq4 and Eq5 can be estimated by OLS

Eric de Souza
College of Europe